- Divorce mediation
- Division of assets and appointment as receiver and liquidator of joint estates
- Ante – nuptual and post nuptual contracts
- Damages based on contumelia and loss of constitution
- Forfeiture of assets in a divorce
- Civil unions
- Marital property regimes
- Marriage in Community of Property
- Marriage out of Community of Property
- Marriage out of Community of Property without accrual
- Marriage out of Community of Property with the inclusion of accrual
- Universal Partnerships
- Changing your Marital Property Regime
- Evicting your spouse
- Retirement funds and Divorce
- Hiding Assets in a Divorce
- Living Annuities
- Domicile in Divorce cases
- Trusts in a Divorce
- International Divorces in South Afric
- Maintenance of Child during Covid19
- Spousal Maintenance
- How to calculate Child Maintenance
- Grandparents and Maintenance
- Failure to pay Child Maintenance
- Rule 43 and Rule 58 Interim Maintenance pending Divorce
- Criminal Prosecution against defaulters of a Maintenance Court Order
- Custody / Care
- Access / Contact
- Children’s Act
- Family Advocate
- Parenting Plan
- Adoption Law
- Relocation and Child Abduction
- The non-custodian parent and their Contact Rights
- Appointing a Guardian in a Will
- Refusal of Contact
- Joint decisions about your Child
- Paternity Disputes
- Advice regarding the Children’s Act 38 of 2005
- Parental Alienation
- Interdict High and Magistrates Court
- Removal of Fire Arms
- Monetary Relief
- Economic / Verbal / Sexual / Physical abuse
- Divorcing an Abusive Spouse
- Coercive Control
- Financial Abuse/ Monetary Relief
- Spiritual Abuse
- Social Abuse/ Forced Isolation
- Revenge Porn
- Obtaining a Protection Order
- Breaching a Protection Order
Religious / Customary Unions
- Civil Unions
- Black Customary Law
- Hindu Law
- Islamic Law
- Black customary Law
- Jewish Law
- Maintenance and Cohabitation
- Same sex Unions
Knowledge and Insights for Family Law
Engagement And Marriage ContractsA contract can be either verbal or written between two or more persons which specifies the intention of the parties and to practically govern and regulate the terms...
Marriage Contract Marital Regimes: There are three marriage regimes that a couple need to look at to suit their finances and personal preferences namely: Married in community of property –all...
Domestic Violence Domestic violence is the rearing of an ugly face of a marriage in trouble. When a spouse disrespects and assaults the other spouse in various manners, then these acts to...
Divorce Law Our firm has, through our years of practice, come to the fore as one of the prominent family law specialist firms. While we deal with a wide array of legal matters, family law...
Maintenance Maintenance is hardly ever a straightforward matter and is often a point of contention in divorce proceedings, although it is not only limited to divorce matters. Maintenance can...
Pravda & Knowles is arguably one of the busiest family law practices in the province, specialising in this field for three decades.
The team comprising of both senior and junior attorneys are always able to accommodate clients’ needs and budgets. Uncontested divorce matters are done at minimal costs with full in house representation.
The firm has been involved in several high profile divorce matters with astounding success. It should come as no surprise that certain matters dealt with by the firm has been used as precedents in the arguing of matters.
Our popularity and success is a testimony to the competence of the firm and the ongoing referrals by clients and colleagues.
Unlike most firms, we pride ourselves in attending to most of the in-house drafting of court documents. Pravda has appearance in all courts who frequently has appeared in the High Court thereby enjoying the joint status of attorney and counsel.